Line Supervisor – Highland Chocolates Factory -
Full-time, non-exempt position. Typical hours are Mon-Fri 8-4, some Saturday’s possible.
Hourly Rate: $12.25
Benefits: Paid Time Off, holidays, life and short-term disability insurances. Employer-sponsored health, dental, vision offered at 90 days with employer contribution towards costs.
Highland Chocolates is owned & operated by Partners In Progress, Inc – a 501c3 Non-Profit organization committed to helping individuals with disabilities succeed. Highland Chocolates factory and store, located in the beautiful small town of Wellsboro, PA, provides employment and job skills training to area residents with disabilities. We have 3 full-time and 3 part-time staff members and can employ up to 20 Individuals with disabilities. Right now, we have 11 ‘chocolatiers.’ Our chocolate factory tours are a top-rated tourist activity in the area (*tours on hold at times-due to covid mitigation). Highland Chocolates is famous for our pretzel bark and also offers hundreds of different molded chocolates, sweet snack mixes, fudge, and handcrafted chocolate gifts for any occasion.
This position, Line Supervisor, provides training, support and supervision to program participants in the vocational training facility, Highland Chocolates Factory & Store. This position is responsible for the safety and well-being of program participants at all times. Ensures that the physical site is maintained for safe working conditions. Provides direct supervision and ongoing support while transporting program participants.
In alignment with our Vision and Mission, notifies supervisor of possible community-based vocational or social opportunities that would welcome the engagement of competitive employment, customized employment, or community integrated social/volunteer activities for individuals.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Highland Chocolates Manager.
WORKERS SUPERVISED: Program Participants.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma (or GED).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of experience in manufacturing, industry or human services required; Current Certifications in CPR and First Aid; two (2) years of experience working in direct care with MH/ID population preferred; experience in Human Services preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Must demonstrate well-organized oral and written communication skills. Appreciation and acceptance of diverse abilities amongst program participants. Ability to exercise creativity and flexibility. Will maintain a customer service level commensurate with the expectations of the Partners In Progress, Inc. Mission Statement.
DRIVER’S LICENSE: Must possess a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory three (3) year driving history in order to be considered an agency approved driver by the agency’s vehicle insurance carrier.
1. Provides daily supervision of program participants while engaged in work activities, during breaks and lunch, and during arrivals and departures. Supervises extracurricular activities as necessary.
2. Assigns, demonstrates and monitors program participants’ work performance to ensure quality control.
3. Maintains daily documentation pertaining to goals addressed in the Individual Service Plan (ISP) and completes daily observation notes for program participants. Completes any other necessary documentation to meet program needs.
4. Prepares supplies and sets up work area for program participants, including pieces, boxes and labels required for assembly work. Develops and implements necessary assistive devices as needed.
5. Actively participates in meetings and training sessions as directed.
6. Reports medical issues immediately. After proper training, administers first aid as necessary. Completes all required paperwork. After proper training, administers medications in accordance with Department of Human Services (DHS) regulations for medication administration.
7. Safely transports program participants or supervises program participants during daily transportation when directed to meet program needs. Develops and enforces proper vehicle etiquette for program participants. Accurately completes transportation attendance forms. Completes transportation incident reports and observation notes as warranted.
8. Assists program participant in dealing with life-management problems in coordination with program supervisor via counseling, discussions with family and other team members or referrals to other appropriate agencies. Assists with social integration and self-advocacy.
9. Assumes other levels of Staff Support duties when assigned in order to meet program needs.
10. Monitors inventory levels of all production and packaging materials and notifies the Production Manager when supplies are low.
11. Makes recommendations for the development of new products and program improvements.
12. Uses machinery and equipment appropriately and safely.
13. Assists in the store as necessary.
All customers are required to wear a mask, all equipment and common areas are sanitized regularly, and Agency adheres to Dept of Health and CDC guidelines regarding covid mitigation.