STAFF SUPPORT (1:1) -
This position provides training, support and supervision on a one-to-one (1:1) basis for a specific program participant. Responsible for the safety and well-being of the program participant at all times. Attends to the program participant’s personal and work needs as necessary. Provides direct supervision and ongoing support while transporting the program participant.
In alignment with our Vision and Mission, notifies supervisor of possible community-based vocational or social opportunities that would welcome the engagement of competitive employment, customized employment, or community integrated social/volunteer activities for individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Rate: $15.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Employee discount
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Professional development assistance
• Referral program
• Vision insurance
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
1. Provides daily supervision of an assigned program participant while engaged in program activities, break/lunch and during arrivals and departures. Supervises extracurricular activities as necessary.
2. Monitors program participant’s work performance to ensure quality control and demonstrates positive role-modeling by working directly with program participant in the performance of tasks.
3. Assigns and/or monitors program participant’s activities and demonstrates positive role-modeling by working directly with program participant in the performance of activities.
4. Prepares supplies and sets up work or activity areas for program participants. Develops and implements necessary assistive devices as needed.
5. Assists with ambulating, toileting, transferring, feeding, meal preparation, clean-up and personal care.
6. Assists program participant with accomplishing goals as outlined in the Individual Support Plan (ISP). Provides support based upon familiarization with program participant’s abilities, limitations and other relevant circumstances.
7. Records all tasks performed, goal achievement status and related observations on a daily basis. Submits pertinent data on a timely basis; including, but not limited to: production sheets, attendance forms, observation notes.
8. Attends and actively participates in program participant-related meetings, staff meetings and trainings throughout the year.
9. Assists program participant in dealing with life-management problems in coordination with program supervisor via counseling, discussions with family and other team members or referrals to other appropriate agencies. Assists with social integration and self-advocacy.
10. Safely transports program participant or supervises programs participant during daily transportation when directed to meet program needs. Develops and enforces proper vehicle etiquette for program participant. Accurately completes transportation attendance forms. Completes transportation incident reports and observation notes as warranted.
11. Assists colleagues and supervisors with various job-related tasks as assigned.
12. Assumes other levels of Staff Support duties when assigned in order to meet program needs.
13. Reports medical issues immediately. After proper training, administers first aid as necessary. Completes all required paperwork. After proper training, administers medications in accordance with Department of Human Services (DHS) regulations for medication administration.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma (or GED).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of experience in manufacturing, industry or human services required; Current Certifications in CPR and First Aid; two (2) years of experience working in direct care with MH/ID population preferred; experience in Human Services preferred; Equipment and Machine Operation as necessary.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Must demonstrate well-organized oral and written communication skills. Appreciation and acceptance of diverse abilities amongst program participants. Ability to exercise creativity and flexibility. Will maintain a customer service level commensurate with the expectations of the Partners In Progress, Inc. Mission Statement.
DRIVER’S LICENSE: Must possess a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory three (3) year driving history in order to be considered an agency approved driver by the agency’s vehicle insurance carrier.
MISCELLANEOUS: This job description is not a contract. It is a guideline and can be expected to be updated and changed over time. The criteria in this job description will be used for annual performance evaluations.
Mission Statement: Partners In Progress empowers Individuals with disabilities to succeed.
Vision Statement: We envision a community that is inclusive and progressive.