Supported Living Specialist -
This Full-Time position is responsible for the direct provision of supported services to Program Participants with developmental disabilities within their communities.
Starting Rate: $15.00 per hour
Shift: 40 hours per week, may include some weekends and holidays. Typically no overnights.
Benefits: Employer Sponsored Health, Dental, Vision at 90 days; 401K; PTO; Holidays; Life & Short Term Disability Insurance.
1. Attempts to educate Program Participants on the need to maintain their living space in a safe, secure and clean condition. Assists in the care and upkeep of Program Participants’ living spaces, as needed.
2. Employs effective work practices, utilizing time allocated to the program in the most judicious manner. Submits written documentation required for the program, including case notes, medical appointment summaries and contact logs, on a daily basis.
3. Maintains accurate records, goals, ledgers, receipts and other documentation relevant to each Program Participant’s health activities, financial status and overall progress. Assists in the completion of Individual Support Plans (ISPs) and subsequent reviews in a timely manner.
4. Acts as an advocate for Program Participants; promotes and provides community involvement opportunities for Program Participants when they express interest as identified and authorized in the Program Participants’ ISPs.
5. Reports medical issues immediately. After proper training, administers first aid as necessary. After proper training, administers medications in accordance with Department of Human Services (DHS) regulations for medication administration, if applicable.
6. Safely transports Program Participants or supervises Program Participants during daily transportation when directed to meet program needs.
7. Performs as CLA Residential Support Staff, when assigned, in order to meet program needs. When performing in this capacity, provides care, support and supervision to Program Participants residing in Community Living Arrangement (CLA) homes or in private homes as needed. Responsible for the safety and well-being of Program Participants at all times. Ensures that the physical site is maintained for safe working conditions.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Residential Program Specialist. If performing duties in a CLA setting, will report to Lead Staff.
WORKERS SUPERVISED: None.
INTER-RELATIONSHIPS: Works closely with other Supported Living Specialists, CLA Residential Support Staff, Lead Staff, Supports Coordinators, healthcare personnel, family and friends of Program Participants served.
EDUCATION: Minimum of a High School Diploma (or GED).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Must be willing to receive and maintain current certifications in CPR and First Aid; experience working in direct care with MH/ID population preferred; experience in human services preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Must demonstrate well-organized oral and written communication skills. Must demonstrate strong management skills. Appreciation and acceptance of diverse abilities amongst Program Participants. Ability to exercise creativity and flexibility. Will maintain a customer service level commensurate with the expectations of the Partners In Progress, Inc. Mission Statement.
DRIVER’S LICENSE: Must possess a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory three (3) year driving history in order to be considered an agency approved driver by the agency’s vehicle insurance carrier.
Mission Statement: Partners In Progress empowers Individuals with disabilities to succeed.
Vision Statement: We envision a community that is inclusive and progressive.