Programs & Services
Adult Day Programs
Adult day programs provided by Partners In Progress offer a wide variety of structured activities, social interaction and skill-building opportunities that enrich the lives of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We focus on community involvement and provide an array of engaging activities to help individuals grow and reach their goals while developing new hobbies and interests. Depending on each person’s Individualized Service Plan (ISP), he or she may take part in goal-driven classes or activities involving: educational learning experiences, reading, hobbies/arts and crafts, recreation and fitness, cooking and personal appearance.
Our staff provides personalized support and individualized training to boost individuals’ confidence and help them learn new skills. In addition, we encourage adults to participate in group activities where they can interact with other members of the day program and the community.
We help each person find a day program that is right for them and meet goals that enhance their lives for the better.
Contact Partners In Progress for more information on our adult day programs at 570-662-7026.
Community Integrated Services
Since 1997, Partners In Progress has partnered with local businesses to secure job placements for countless individuals.
PIP puts people with disabilities to work in a variety of industries and businesses throughout the community. PIP provides individual job placement, on-the-job training, and ongoing training and support within the local labor force. We also can provide in-house disability training for a business’ employees.
- No cost for hiring or training employees
- Financial incentives, including tax credits
- People who have a disability are dedicated and motivated employees with low turnover rates
- PIP matches employers with the right employee for the job
- Work with job developers who understand your business needs
- Highly experienced & well-trained management staff
- Dedicated, conscientious job coaches
- Community benevolence
Our experienced mobile cleaning crews are well-trained, supervised, and insured. We perform custodial services at over 25 different churches, homes, offices, businesses, and government offices throughout Tioga County and the surrounding area.
We currently have approximately 45 individuals with disabilities working in custodial services.
To find out how to hire Partners In Progress cleaning and custodial services, call 570-662-7026.
Highland Chocolates is located in Wellsboro, PA and currently provides vocational training and employment for twenty adults with disabilities who, along with 5 staff members, make and package the chocolates while learning valuable job skills.
Our chocolate factory tours are a top-rated tourist activity in the area and our motto is “Extraordinary Chocolates by Extraordinary People.” Highland Chocolates is famous for our pretzel bark and also offers hundreds of different molded chocolates, sweet snack mixes, fudge, and handcrafted chocolate gifts for any occasion.
My Neighbors’ Closet
My Neighbors’ Closet currently provides job training skills to 12 individuals with disabilities to help them prepare for a career in a retail setting.
Located at 382 S. Main St. (next to Partners In Progress main office), My Neighbors’ Closet offers new and gently used clothing, houseware, décor, toys, books and more. The store also stocks an assortment of locally made food products including Highland Chocolates, Mill Street Popcorn, Sip for Sight coffee, Wilson’s Maple Syrup, Orchowski’s Honey, and more. Helium balloon bouquets are available and the store is a Faxon Cleaners’ dry cleaning pickup/drop off spot and also offers on-site wash and fold laundry services.
Student Programs & Services
- Students are provided training and learn skills to prepare them to enter the job market.
- Students work on life skills to help them transition to adulthood in a natural home setting. Students learn about personal finance, planning/organizing/scheduling, grooming/self-care, household management, community involvement, career development and more.
- Students are provided with work-based learning opportunities including job shadowing, simulated work tasks, apprenticeships, and more.
- Partners In Progress offers local inclusive summer camps for youth with and without disabilities through Camp Partners and Partners Summer Adventure Program.
For more information on Transition Services
Partners In Progress supports the outsourcing and employment needs of local businesses while providing jobs for people with disabilities.
Our Vocational Training Facility (VTF) offers individuals with disabilities the opportunity to learn essential work skills while earning a paycheck.
VTF enhances work and social skills to assist with transitioning to employment within the community.
VTF supports the assembly and packaging needs of local businesses while providing jobs.
PRODUCTION AND ASSEMBLY
- Collating, Folding, Inserting, and Labeling
- Parts Assembly
- Bagging and Packaging of Parts
- Mail Services
- Supports individuals in obtaining and sustaining employment in the community.
- Supports individuals as they transition into integrated employment in the community.
Pre-Vocational Job Coaching
- Assists individuals in developing the job skills required for competitive employment.
- Assists individuals through all stages of a job search from resume writing and interviewing skills to learning the job and on-the-job counseling.